Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And so the journey begins...


For quite some time I had been considering writing a blog about mobile home décor. I have been terribly disappointed in the lack of information and ideas online. I was truly surprised!!! Just because we live in a mobile home doesn’t mean we can’t have a fabulous home. There are nearly 7 million Americans living in mobile homes, but where’s the love? I have yet to find a magazine show placing mobile homes, yet I know some people live in beautiful, stylish, well-maintained homes.

I am quite a newbie to MHs myself. I had never lived in one until I remarried in 2007 and then my journey began. We recently moved from a 16x80 single wide to a 2500+sf double wide and that has really gotten my engine running. There are so many ideas I want to try! I am tired of living with plain, borrrrring white walls (and those really-tacky-same-wallpaper-in-the kitchen-and-baths-deal-MH-builders-think-is-cool) and being scared of what I can and cannot do.

I am creative and I want to let that creativity run wild (well, within reason) in our new place. I want it to feel like a real house. I want it to be our home. I’ve got lots of ideas and I only think it’s fair to share them with others.

There are lots of décor blogs for regular homes and they have really inspired me to start this blog. There are definitely going to be some challenges that brick and mortar homes don’t face, but by starting this blog, I am saying “Bring it on!”

I will have a fairly tight budget. Let’s face it, most mobile home dwellers are in the same situation. If we could afford a house, we’d be in one, but we’re not at a place where we can right now, not to say that all MH owners are in our boat, but I would almost bet most are.

Let the games begin!

No comments: